||[Sep. 27th, 2005|12:07 am]
So, Tom and I are nearly at the 11 months-to-go mark, and so far we've booked the ceremony venue, reception venue, and talked to relavent bridal party members. There's still a lot to do, but we can relax a little now, at least until the end of the year.|
Things to do:
1. Find cheap material places that sell raw silk or Thai silk
2. Find cheap dressmakers/tailors.
3. Tom to contact celebrant (he's Tom's old school counsellor)
4. Organise a time for all attendants to get together.
I'm worried that people will get shirty because there's a three-hour gap between when we have to leave the ceremony venue (3pm) and the earliest we can be at the reception venue (6pm). However, I also feel like going "fuck it, it's my wedding, they can deal".
In community news, I updated the community info page.
Find cheap material places that sell raw silk or Thai silk
Ooh, for drapery? Or clothing attendants?
Organise a time for all attendants to get together.
I'm open for this.
(Also presumptuous :) )
...there's a three-hour gap between when we have to leave the ceremony venue (3pm) and the earliest we can be at the reception venue (6pm).
There is? Any particular reason?
Oh and yes, by and large, people can just deal.
I, for one, have no problems entertaining myself for three hours.
And some of that time can be taken up in getting over to the reception venue. It's not a LONG way, but it's not adjacent or anything.
Also, as an attendant, you'll be coming along for photos! Photos, man!
Also, we've booked the main quad for photos for an hour directly after the ceremony (yeah, the uni makes you pay, le sigh), and since that whole time probably won't be taken up with just bridal party photos, I thought it might be nice for attendants and their partners to get a few nice shots in. Since partners will already be there from the wedding, it won't require any transportation, and thus is an excellent plan.
That is an excellent plan.
1. For clothing attendants, and self. Self shall be wearing ivory, attendants (lady-style) will be wearing dark red, much the same colour as that lovely ballgown I own, and attendants (gentleman-style) will have waistcoats and cravats in the same material. Tom may be wearing a waistcoat and cravat either in ivory, silver, or black, this is to be determined at a later date.
2. Tom has actually asked you, hasn't he? He's not great at that.
3. Events at the Great Hall have to be finished by three (as evidenced by K&K's wedding), and Pelligrini's won't have weddings start earlier than 6, because then they can end the lunch rush at 5 and have an hour to set the place up.
1. Sweet! That sounds lovely.
2. Not in so many words, I don't think.
Though it does seem to have been implied a couple of times.
I'd be honoured.
Yeah, Tom really needs to get in touch with lucky_tony
or ask someone else. All my girls are organised!
2. Hoorah! Thanks. I really didn't ask? My bad.
Yeah, I need to maybe one day see Tony again. :P